2015: A Year in Review
For years, we at Ophelia's Place were treating this project as a start-up, financially living from year to year, doing the most with what we had and marveling at the fact that we were able to do so much. In 2015, realizing we were no longer a start-up, but rather a stake in the community, we dedicated ourselves to expand our prevention efforts through Circles of Change, our movement to change the culture and conversation around health, beauty, and body image. In 2015 alone, we provided treatment to over 128 individuals and had an additional 68 referrals to UNYED. Cafe at 407's contribution to Ophelia's Place grew significantly and now contributes 30% of the budget for Ophelia's Place.
Total Progress in 2015
- Ophelia's Place reached hundreds through educational presentations, our Family and Friends and patient groups, and outreach in the community.
- Over 128 individuals received treatment
- 68 additional referrals to UNYED
- Cafe's contribution to Ophelia's Place has grown to 30% of the total budget .
- Expanded our Circles of Change prevention efforts across the country, specifically in AZ.
- Partnered with Syracuse University Lerner Center and Healthy Mondays to create a video encouragement series.
- Developed a system of online support groups for individuals, family members, and friends, to offer support to an even wider audience.
- Expanded our social media reach across all platforms.
2016: Looking Forward
As we look forward to 2016, we are excited to be able to build from the solid and sustainable foundation we have built to effectively reach people in new and creative ways.
- $208,000 Budget
- Cafe at 407 will continue to support 30% of the budget in 2016.
Circles of Change:
- Expanding Circles of Change work across the country:
- Speaking engagements and workshops in Arizona, Oregon, Massachusettes, and more.
- Offering training, education, and opportunities to bring Circles of Change to their own communities.
- Soul Circles:
- Conversations that get to the heart and soul of every bodies experience.
- We will be hosting these in NY and AZ as well as offering opportunities for individuals to become Soul Circle facilitators in their own communities.
Outreach and Education
- Love Your Body U
- Ophelia's Place has come together with KMB for Answers and Syracuse University to pilot Love Your Body U: An online curriculum aimed at cultivating a healthy body image for college students. The curriculum will be piloted this spring with college students from across the country.
- Speaking and Presenting
- Educational opportunities continue to expand and grow.
Support and Treatment
Intensive Outpatient: Currently Unavailable
Outpatient: 128 individuals
The work done in and through Ophelia's Place could not be done without the support of the community. Thank you so much for all you do. If you are interested in contributing to Ophelia's Place, you can do so here.
Total Budget: $172,000
- Cafe - 30%
- Grant - 20%
- Fundraisers - 20%
- General Contributions - 15%
- Circles of Change - 15%
Cafe at 407: A Sustainable Model
Circles of Change:
Circles of Change is a movement to change the culture and conversation around health, beauty, and body image. It was born out of a desire to take the message, mission and vision of Ophelia's Place into the community to empower individuals, build community, and invest in prevention.
In 2015 we:
- Hosted Circles of Change workshops in both Syracuse and Arizona.
- Launched circlesofchange.org
- Created and launched a Circles of Change product line, featuring body-positive and self-empowering messages. The proceeds of which go to support the work of Ophelia's Place.
In 2016 we will:
- Speak at conferences and universities across the country.
- Soul Circles: Launch Soul Circles in NY and AZ and create a training curriculum for people to become Soul Circle facilitators in their own communities.
- Continue to expand the visibility of Ophelia's Place in the atmosphere and product of Cafe at 407.
Circles of Change Community Partners:
Truth and Love Yoga
Wood and Paper Boutique
Beautiful You Jewelry
Cafe at 407
Jephson Estate (Linda and Brian Osborne)
Upstate New York Eating Disorder Service
Lake Effect 1/2 Marathon
Red Robin Pottery
Liverpool Christian Church
Jodie Wilson, LCSW
Post Coffee Company
Jennifer Wolsey Photography
Rachel Liz Photography
Steven J. Pallone
The Used Car King
The Zen Bird