2014: A Year in Review
For years, we at Ophelia's Place were treating this project as a start-up, financially living from year to year, doing the most with what we had and marveling at the fact that we were able to do so much. However, in 2014, we realized we were no longer just a start-up, we were a stake in the community. In 2014 alone, we provided treatment to 110 individuals and had an additional 55 referrals to UNYED. Cafe at 407's sales grew by11%, bringing in $430,000 in gross sales, contributing a significant portion of the total budget for Ophelia's Place.
Total Progress in 2014
110 Active Patients
55 additional referrals to UNYED
11% growth at Cafe at 407
2015: Looking Forward
2015 is already shaping up to be a big year for Ophelia's Place.
- $172,000 Budget
- Cafe at 407 is projected to support 35% of the budget at Ophelia's Place in 2015.
Circles of Change:
- Launching Circles of Change workshops:
- Choose Health on January 29th.
- Transgender & Body Image in March
- Slow Suppers and Dinnersations:
- Topic driven dinners.
Outreach and Education
- Jill Catherine came on board as the Spokesperson for Ophelia's Place in 2014 and is expanding her education and outreach with:
- Soulful Sitdowns
Support and Treatment
Intensive Outpatient: 45 individuals
Outpatient: 65 individuals
The work done in and through Ophelia's Place could not be done without the support of the community. Thank you so much for all you do. If you are interested in contributing to Ophelia's Place, you can do so here.
- Total Budget: $219,000
- Fundraising Income: $55,000
- Contribution Income: $61,000
- County Grant: $25,000
Cafe at 407: A Sustainable Model
Circles of Change:
Taking the mission, vision, and values of Ophelia's Place into the community. Creating Circles of Change to change the conversation surrounding food and the body.
In 2014, an Indiegogo campaign, in celebration of the Cafe's 5th anniversary, raised $5,000 to launch the Circles of Change campaign.
In 2015 we will:
- Host Circles of Change workshops like the Choose Health event we will be hosting on January 29th.
- Soul-Full Sitdowns: A place to come and explore topics of body image, food, self-care and community.
- Dinnersations: Topic driven dinners, celebrating the partnership between Ophelia's Place and Cafe at 407.
- Continue to expand the visibility of Ophelia's Place in the atmosphere and product of Cafe at 407.
Circles of Change Community Partners:
Truth and Love Yoga
Wood and Paper Boutique
Beautiful You Jewelry
Cafe at 407
Jephson Estate (Linda and Brian Osborne)
Upstate New York Eating Disorder Service
Lake Effect 1/2 Marathon
Red Robin Pottery
Liverpool Christian Church
Jodie Wilson, LCSW